Saturday 7 November 2009

Social Media Ever Changing Landscape

Well I was shopping in Merry Hill today and on the front of all the empty units there were messages directing shoppers to their twitter profile! Now if the big boys like Westfield are using social media sites like twitter it begs the question why?

Well a source at Westfield says their target age group is 30+. Something to do with them having money apparently! Well it is no coincidence that the largest user group increase on twitter in the last 9 months has been the 34-45 age bracket.

That's right Twitter and Facebook and the like are no longer just for the kids. However I still believe they have a huge advantage when it comes to technology. As I was writing this post and uploading the photo that I took in Merry Hill, my 5 year old son used the words "dot com", "dongle" and "download". I nearly fell of the sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment